Appetizer recipe testing went so SO right with this one. Can you even handle?
This Goat Cheese Bruschetta Tartlett, drizzled with a sweet balsamic reduction, is a light, crisp and elevated way to really wow your guests. The creamy goat cheese stands out with the balsamic glaze playing the suporting role. You'll end up wanting to skip the meal and stick to the hors d'oeuvres.
Goat Cheese Bruschetta Tartlett
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 12-15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Puff pastry, taken from freezer to thaw
- Garlic oil (can be found in jarred garlic/minced garlic)
- Carmelized onion (simply sautee sliced onion on stove)
- Thinly slice tomato
- Goat cheese
- Fresh basil, ribboned
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Whisk balsamic, olive oil and brown sugar in a bowl until well combined. Pour into saucepan over medium/high heat and let simmer while you prep everything else, stirring occassionaly. You want it to resemble a "watery maple syrup" as it will continue to thicken as it cools.
2) Take thawed puff pastry and cut into long strips. Brush/drizzle a little garlic oil over the pastry. A little goes a long way with garlic oil, so use accordingly.
3) Sprinkle carmelized onion over the pastry, then lay tomato slices so they just barely overlap. Drop little pieces of goat cheese on top, put into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and light and puffy.
4) Remove from the oven and cut into smaller pieces. Sprinkle with basil ribbons and drizzle balsamic reduction over the tartletts.
5) ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry