There's no beating around it. I have an obsession with apple and cinnamon desserts. I've pretty much ingrained that into your minds by now with the amount of times those ingredients show up in my dessert recipes. Hey. I'm not too proud to admit that! But guys... C'mon. IT'S. JUST. SO. GOOD. So when I finally had the time to sit and decide what I wanted my FIRST RECIPE IN 4 MONTHS to be (more on that another day.... lol), you know that my cinnamon loving brain went to an apple-pie-zone.
One of the best parts about making ice cream is the endless possibilities of flavors! You could seriously make anything into an ice cream flavor. I mean, they have bacon ice cream, for heaven's sake. So I really don't think that apple pie is a crazy stretch for ice cream, but man is it a DELICIOUS pairing.
I opted to go for a no-churn style ice cream this go around, so that this recipe would be available to every ice cream lover! And the recipe is so easy, it's good for little ones to help with! Apple pie filling and graham cracker crust crumbles (try saying that three times fast... lol) make this one tasty summer treat you won't soon forget!
No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Freeze Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Servings: 18 scoops
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp sugar
5 Tbsp butter, melted
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup apple pie filling
2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
1. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
2. Pour apple pie filling into a large bowl and use a spoon to break up the apples. Avoid turning it into mush and try to get them into small, bite sized pieces. Pour sweetened condensed milk and vanilla over the top. Stir until fully mixed. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, or bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cold heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes on high, or until the cream sticks to the beaters when lifted from the bowl. Add a third of the whipped cream to the apple filling mixture, folding in gently. Once that is mixed, add another third, and repeat until they are all combined.
4. Pour a third of the ice cream mixture into a standard sized bread pan. Sprinkle some of the graham cracker crust crumbles on top, and cover with another third of the ice cream mixture. Continue this until you have poured all the ice cream into the pan, and top it off with more crumbles. Take a spoon or spatula, and stick directly into the ice cream pan. *Zig-zag the spoon/spatula through the ice cream ONCE (you don't want to stir it all together, just swirl it very simply).
*This step is optional and doesn't need to be done if you don't want to.*
5. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure it touches the ice cream to help protect it from ice crystals. Put in freezer as close to your ice maker as possible, and freeze for 8 hours.
6. After ice cream is solid, serve in cones or bowls. This is great with caramel!
7. ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry!