PerfectLee Hungry's first ever cooking video is LIVE!! And what better dish to highlight than my newest recipe: Browned Butter Lemon Chicken!
I'll let the video do the talking; if you're anything like me, you're probably more into the visuals anyways! Lol.
Browned Butter Lemon Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 5 chicken thighs
5 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
2 teaspoons each salt and pepper
4 Tablespoons butter
1 shallot, chopped ( or 1/2 onion is fine if you don't have a shallot)
5 cloves of garlic, pressed (or 1 Tablespoon minced)
2 Tablespoons honey
Juice of one lemon (or 2 Tablespoons)
1 whole lemon
Handful of fresh basil, cut into ribbons
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and pat chicken dry. Dry the skin VERY well, to ensure a nice and crisp texture. Sprinkle half the salt and half the pepper over the chicken, skin side up. Rub the seasonings over the chicken; be sure to try and get some underneath the skin as well. Flip over, and repeat on the other side with the remaining salt and pepper.
2. Heat an oven-safe skillet over high heat. Add the butter to the skillet and let melt and brown, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn't burn. If you have never browned butter before, don't be afraid! You don't have to do anything except stir it every so often. It will start to smell a bit nutty and you'll notice the color change about 5 minutes after it is completely melted. Congratulations, you have officially browned butter!
3. Turn the heat down just a smidge (between high and medium) and place chicken in the pan SKIN SIDE DOWN. Try not to move the chicken around too much until the skin is perfectly golden and crisp, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Put the minced shallot (or onion), garlic, honey and lemon juice into the pan and stir immediately to combine and make sure these tasty flavors don't burn . Once the shallot and garlic is fragrant (about 2 minutes or less), place the chicken back in the pan, skin side up and turn off the heat. Chop the additional lemon into wedges, quarters, or slices (whatever you fancy), and toss in the pan alongside the chicken.
5. Place the pan in the oven and let bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
6. Remove from oven, and spoon the sauce over the top of the chicken. Sprinkle with fresh basil ribbons and serve immediately.
7. ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry!