Pumpkin French Toast
I have a hard time making decisions. If you just so happen to be my husband, this does not come as a surprise to you. I'm like that meme... You know, the one about the wife who is trying to decide where to eat for dinner, and she says she doesn't care where they go, the husband suggests a place, she says no, then when asked where she wants to go, she says she doesn't know? Yea, that one is me. So if you were to ask me whether I like waffles or french toast BETTER, well you guessed it; I couldn't tell you.
But what I CAN tell you, is if you give me the option of regular french toast and my PUMPKIN french toast, I will ALWAYS choose my pumpkin french toast! Actually... If you gave me the choice of regular anything versus pumpkin anything, I will probably always choose pumpkin.
In a selfless effort to "PUMPKIN ALL THE THINGS" (okay okay, not so selfless...) I present to you for your pleasure, Pumpkin French Toast.
It all starts with King's Hawaiian Bread. Did you know they don't just make rolls? They have recently started making hamburger buns, hotdog buns, and full loaves of bread. With that perfect amount of sweetness, its an amazing base for this fall-ized version of the yummy breakfast favorite.
The bread is just dense enough to withstand the soaking in the pumpkin dredge and still hold together quite nicely. A few slices plus a mix and mash of pumpkin puree, almond milk, eggs, and some delicious spices, and you got the goods, man!
Pumpkin French Toast
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
Servings: 8 slices
-1/2 cup almond milk
-1/2 cup pumpkin puree
-1/8 teaspoon cloves
-1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-pinch of salt
-8 slices of King's Hawaiian Bread
1. Mix together all ingredients (except slices of bread and cooking spray) in a dish that will fit each slice of bread individually. I used a square tuperware, but you could use a pie tin or something like that. Heat a large skillet (I prefer to use a cast iron skillet; it maintains heat a little better) over medium/high heat.
2. While the skillet it heating up, submerge one slice of bread in the pumpkin dredge and allow to soak for at least 1 full minute, either fully submerged or 1 minute on each side.
3. When pan is hot, spray with cooking spray and cook the french toast, about 5 minutes on each side. Try not to move the bread around too much so it creates a perfect toast on each side. Repeat until all 8 slices are cooked and tasty.
4. Serve immediately with your favorite french toast toppings, i.e. butter, syrup, whipped cream, cinnamon, powdered sugar, pecans, etc.
5. ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry!
#breakfastfood #breakfastrecipe #breakfast #frenchtoast #pumpkinrecipes #pumpkinfrenchtoast #pumpkinfrenchtoastrecipe #frenchtoastrecipe #fallfoods #fallfoodrecipes #fallrecip #pumpkin