I have a Jalapeno Popper addiction. If that isn't evident by some of the recipes I've shared with you (Ehem.. Jalapeno Popper Twice Baked Potatoes, anyone?), then take my word for it. I'm obsessed with the spice. Enthralled by the cream cheese filling. I crave that crispy outer crust. I. Love. Jalapeno. Poppers.
A few years ago, this was not the case. Being married has definitely changed my tastes in foods. Does anyone else feel that same way? Did you develop more tastes for different foods once you got married? This definitely happened for the both of us. John has taken on a love of sweets whereas he wouldn't be caught dead with a dessert at the start of our relationship. I have started craving sushi and spicy things... Strange.
For the last like, 50 family barbecues, we have had a running family text where we talk about what kind of dishes we want to make. The main dishes have altered only slightly, varying from hot dogs, to burgers, to black bean burgers. The side dishes is where we have a bit more fun. Kebabs, different potato salads (a few of them from PerfectLee Hungry, of course), beans and of course, dips. This Jalapeno Popper dip has been a family favorite for a bit of time, now. We found it on Pinterest one day, and has found its way into our hearts forever. (THANK YOU REAL MOM KITCHEN!) It's always the first thing that gets mentioned in the group text, and always the first thing that gets broken into come party time.
What's great about this dip, is it is even better the next day when all the ingredients have had time to meld into each other. But don't get me wrong; this dip is TOTALLY AMAZING the day off. The crispy parmesan and panko topping and the spicy cream cheese is... life changing to say the least!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 8oz packages Neufchatel Cheese, room temp
- 1 cup light mayo
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles
- 1 cup Monterey Jack
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 or 2 jalapenos, minced (depending how spicy you can handle)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except parmesan and panko.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the parmesan and panko. Set aside.
3. Spray a pie pan, or 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Spread all the cream cheese mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the top with the panko mix. Spray the top with cooking spray, and put in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes until top is crispy and golden.
4. Serve with tortilla chips or veggies.
5. ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry.