Honey Mustard Potato Salad
Potatoes are my biggest weakness. You all know that by now, I would think. Any kind of potato. Cooked any way. I'm completely in. I try not to keep them in the house because of this fact. We've been watching our carbs, in the Lee household. Sometimes we watch them from afar, and sometimes we watch them climb onto our forks.... No but really. We try to cut as many carbs as we can just because we're getting older and we can't eat like we used to and yada yada yada. You've heard it all before.
One Saturday, we were having a little BBQ with some friends and we needed to bring a side dish to share. This particular day, we happened to have some red potatoes in the house. I thought "Perfect! I'll make my Tzatziki Potato Salad and then everyone will get to try it and I can say 'Recipe on the blog!'" But when I went to my fridge, lo and behold, the cucumbers had gone bad and the fresh dill had gone missing (I STILL don't know where that went!). With only an hour until we had to leave, I had no time to run to the store.
I panicked and scrambled through the fridge, looking for something to give me some kind of idea of what to bring. I saw the mustard. Getting excited, I jumped to the top of my fridge where I kept the eggs....I was out of eggs. This may not make sense, but I have a great family recipe for a mustard based potato salad that needs, you guessed it, eggs. What else can I do with mustard?
HONEY MUSTARD OF COURSE. And that is where this recipe stemmed from; a frantic need to find a way to use potatoes. Though the origin of this dish may be sloppy and panicked, the recipe is solid. Served warm, the sweet tang of the honey mustard really shines. And of course, everything goes with bacon!
Honey Mustard Potato Salad
Prep Time: 8 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 8 side servings
Ingredients: - 14 small red potatoes - 1/2 lb baon
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 Tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper - 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1. Set a large pot of water to boil on the stove. While you wait, wash the potatoes thoroughly, removing any eyes as you go. Cut into quarters, trying to make sure all peices are about the same size. When water has come to a boil, put all potatoes in the pot and cover with a lid. Boil for about 10-15 minutes, or until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
2. While potatoes are boiling, cook up the bacon. Once cooked, pat with paper towels and let cool.
3. Combine the mayo, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Once potatoes are done, drain and put into a large mixing bowl. Now crush/chop the bacon into pieces, and add to the potatoes. Pour the honey mustard dressing over the top and mix the potatoes and bacon. Top with fresh parsley. This dish is more flavorful served warm.
5. ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry.
#potato #potatosalad #honey #must #honeymustard #honeymustardpotatosalad #bacon