Okay, okay. I'm obsessed with salmon. You caught me. But when something is just so delicious and so simple to make, I latch on for dear life. You'll find salmon on the Lee Weekly Dinner Calendar at least once a month, if not more. We buy ours freshly packed at Costco and that gets us at least 3 meals of the pinkish beauty, so we buy again it every single time we run out of it.
We are constantly looking for new ways to make it, and every time I come to the table with a new reimagining of salmon, my husband instantly proclaims it as his new favorite way of cooking it. I defintely can't take all the credit though; the salmon does most of the work.
In this simple approach to salmon, it's topped with lemon and garlic and surrounded by an ensemble of brussel sprouts and grape tomatoes. Everything get's roasted in the oven, all on one pan. No other dishes to be washed, just the one pan. And we all know how to feel about one dish meals!
But enough about the salmon. Let's talk veggies, people. See those beauties, above? Look at the caramelization on those puppies. The pairing of brussel sprouts and tomatoes is a match made in heaven. Get that perfect bite of tomato and roasted brussel sprout from this dish, and the flavor is mind numbing. Sweet grape tomatoes all caramelized and gorgeous with a slightly bitter and garlicky brussel sprout... Holy yum, Batman. You have never lived until you try it.
Plated up, they just look so pretty together. The green, yellow, pink, red... It's beautiful. Now, don't be intimidated by the art on the plate. Dig right in and enjoy.
And look who made a guest appearance on this plate! My Warm Italian Quinoa Salad! It fits right in with the lightness of this dish, but still provides a good and hearty accompaniment. Not to mention it's just plain delicious. But, you'll just have to see for yourself!
Roasted Salmon and Brussel Sprouts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts
- 10.5 oz package cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder, plus a bit extra for salmon
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 salmon filets, six ounces each
- 2 lemons
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash brussel sprouts and tomatoes, then cut stems of brussel sprouts and cut in half, followed by cutting tomatoes in half. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place all veggies on top. Drizzle olive oil over the veggies, season with salt, pepper and 1 tsp garlic powder. Toss together with your hands, making sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
2. Prep salmon filets by drizzling olive oil on top, seasoning with salt, pepper and a bit of garlic powder. Flip over and do the same with other side. After veggies have baked for 15 minutes, take out of the oven and make room on the baking sheet for the salmon filets. Spray the sheet where you'll be placing salmon, and put salmon on the sheet.
3. Slice 1 lemon and place two slices on each filet. Then cut the other lemon in half, juice lemon over the veggies and salmon, and pop the pan back in the oven for about 10 more minutes, or until salmon is flaky and tender. You want salmon to look juicy in the middle, and pink but not translucent like raw salmon.
3. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
4. ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry.