Picture this. You've been working hard all day. You clock out and your brain finally relaxes. Traffic is a beast, but somehow you make it home without paying much attention. You walk in the house, drop your belongings and collapse on the couch. All you want to do is sleep. Alas, you know you should eat. You suddenly realize you're starving. Now that you think about it, you have to eat, like, now. Do you grab your keys and head out to grab a thoughtless dinner, since that is the easiest thing to do? NO! Because it's not the easiest thing to do; THIS SALMON IS.
Sweet, garlicky and savory with a slight kick, this succulent and flaky salmon dish will put your taste buds into overdrive. The ingredients for the marinade play together and develop an overall distinctive flavor that will make this a new favorite meal in your book.
This Spicy Honey Mustard Salmon is a comforting dish that takes almost no effort and no time to make. It's hard to believe that something this flavorful and filling can be on the plate and served in 20 minutes or less with such little work, but this dish delivers. Don't believe me? Try it out for yourself!
Spicy Honey Mustard Salmon
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 17-22 minutes
- 2 six ounce salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp coarse ground dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare 2 aluminum foil pouches by using 2 strips of foil each, overlapping in a cross pattern. Place on a cookie sheet. Spray cooking spray on foil.
2) Place salmon fillets onto foil sheets. Whisk remaining ingredients. Carefully fold up the sides of the foil packets to avoid letting the marinade escape, and pour marinade over the tops of the salmon. Gently fold the foil into a packet, folding the top so it is sealed. Put into the oven and let bake for 15 minutes.
3) After 15 minutes, take from oven and CAREFULLY open the foil packets. Salmon should still be pink-ish, and not white. Turn your oven to broil. Spoon some of the marinade in the pouch back over the salmon, then place under the broiler WATCHING CLOSELY. Let sit under broiler for 1-3 minutes until slightly caramelized on top.
4) Take from oven, remove salmon from pouch and plate. Spoon more of the sauce of the top, serve with steamed broccoli or asparagus.
5) ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry.