Let's talk about condiments, people. When it comes to what you top off your meals with, you want to make sure that what you add doesn't take away from the integrity of what you made! If you opt for store bought, look for low sugar, low calorie, and low fat content (be careful! Sometimes "low" or "reduced fat" means higher sugar values. Or you could skip the preservatives and make your own! That brings us to my favorite of the condiments: salsa!
This Roasted Salsa is all natural and all delicious. Tomato, onion, garlic and peppers... hashtag droll. Get your ovens roasting and get this salsa on your plate!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 7 roma tomatoes
- 3/4 onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 big clove garlic
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- pinch of sugar
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, and garlic into quarters/big pieces.
2) Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and put all veggies on the sheet, trying to make a single layer. Spritz with cooking spray and pop in oven to roast for about 30 minutes
3) Remove from oven and put all veggies into a food processor/blender. Add remaining ingredients. Pulse until well combines.
4) Removed from processor/blender and put into a sealable container to chill in fridge before serving, about 15 minutes. When chilled serve with guacamole and tortilla chips (I used Luke's Organic Brown Rice Chips).
5) ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry.