Hashtag de-lish! My take on a Disneyland meal (hello, Disney obsession. My old friend!). Hidden away in the corners of Fantasyland just before Toon Town you can find BBQ Chicken Loaded Baked Potatoes at the Troubadour Tavern. They are so delicious, but you can make it better for you with this recipes.
If you're always looking to add more nutrients to your meals without sacrificing amazing taste, this recipe is perfect for you! I dare you to try and eat more than one; these guys are filling. Psssst. And guess what? This is a crock-pot meal, folks. Beauty and brains all in one recipe! Did you expect any less from me?
BBQ Chicken Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4.5 hours
- 3 large chicken breats
- 2 cups your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger (fresh is preferred)
- 3 cups shredded cabbages and carrots
- 2 Tbsp shredded red onion
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1 Tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 5-6 Sweet potatoes (dependant on size)
1) Put chicken, BBQ sauce, and ginger in crockpot. Set on High for 3-4 hours.
2) Combine mayo, yogurt, cilantro, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. I like my coleslaw a lot drier than most people, so add as much or as little of the dressing to the cabbages and carrots. Toss, cover and refridgerate until chicken is done.
3) When chicken is cooked, shred and return to crockpot. Set to Warm and let sit for at least 20 minutes to soak.
4) While chicken is soaking, pierce sweet potatoes once on each side, then place in microwave for 5 minutes on each side. Cook until easily pierce with a fork.
5) Cut baked sweet potatoes, top with bbq chicken and coleslaw.
6) ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry