What's warm, colorful and delicious all over? My go-to quick-fix meal of One Skillet Taco Hash! I literally make this a few times a month because it's just so simple and deliciously comforting.
The warm flavors of cumin (cumin is my spirit animal... We need a hashtag!), sauteed onion and sweet potato just make you want to come back for more. But you won't need to! Because one bowl of this topped with buttery avocado slices and fresh cilantro will fill you right up.
One Skillet Taco Hash
Prep Time:20 minutes for rice
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 red and yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 can black beans, strained
- 1 15 oz can dice tomato (do not strain)
- 1 can corn, strained
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp each of salt/pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Avocado slices
- Chopped cilantro
1) Drizzle olive oil in a hot skillet and add sweet potato, onion and bell peppers. Stir and cover, checking occasionaly. Add salt and pepper. Let cook for about 10-15 minutes.
2) When potatoes are still slightly firm, ad remaining ingredients (minus avocado and cilantro). Stir and cover, checking occasionally. Let cook for about 10 more minutes, or until potatos and rice have soaked up a majority of the juice from tomatoes.
3) While still hot, serve with avocado slices and fresh cilantro.
4) ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry