I'm almost always wishing I had a big bowl of this Warm Italia Quinoa Salad. It's just so quick and easy, I usually have to remind myself that I can't eat this every meal of every day! It breaks my poor heart, but that usually curbs the cravings real nicely.
Full of nutrients, vitamins, and overall yumminess, this wam and hearty salad features a nutty flavor that is perfect for a chilly day! Iron-rich spinach and soft feta cheese amp up the delicious oregano and basil flavor for a satisfying side dish that could honestly be an entree.
Warm Italian Quinoa Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total TIme: 20 minutes or less
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup roughly chopped spinach (fresh)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp each of basil and oregano
- 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Dash of dried red pepper flakes
- Fresh lemon slices
1) Combine water and quinoa in medium sized pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer on low for 15 minutes, covered.
2) While quinoa is cooking, wisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried red pepper flakes until well combined. Set aside.
3) When quinoa is done, fluff with fork and put into a large mixing bowl. Combine quinoa, feta and spinach. Mix until spinach has wilted. Drizzle dressing mix over the salad and stir to combine.
4) Dish and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top of each serving. Serve immediately.
5) ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry